Re:[teacherartexchange] Group project for 6 HS intermediate Painting students

---------

From: Chantal Pinnow (cpinnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 07:22:27 PDT

When we study value I do a group project with my Art I students. I take a
black and white photo of a teacher and cut it into squares. They are all
numbered on the back so I know how to put it back together. I give everyone
one of the small squares and a larger blank square piece of paper. Everyone
must draw and shade (or paint) exactly what they see in the small square on
the larger piece of paper. (Make sure they put the same number that is on
the small square on the back of the big square and also label which way goes
up). When everyone is done, I glue the big squares together to reveal who
the mystery person is. The kids are usually amazed at how well it turns out.
They have a good time trying to guess who it is. You can also do this with a
famous artwork and you can do it in color. When we finish putting it
together, I usually mount it on black illustration board and let the kids
sign it and write a note to the teacher and we give it to that teacher.

I think I got the idea off the IAD website. Sorry, I can't remember who to
give credit to. It really works well.
Chantal