Re: [teacherartexchange] No sink in my classroom

---------

From: Eileen Ellis (iforget000_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 19:49:46 PDT

Steph:

I am in my 13th year teaching art in a classroom without a sink with
the boys bathroom next door
and 8 tables of 4! How weird is that. I bought 2 spigut igloo
containers and got the custodianns to find me and old wheeled cart.
The older the better as it was going to end up rusted!
I keep the cart loaded with margarine cups donated by the parents and
any other free pastic containers the parents are willing to donate!
They are very willing if you keep asking the kids! offer incentives to
get the TUBS. I quit using the spiguts and just let the kids scoop out
the clean water. On the bottom shelf I keep an old 5 gallon bucket
(also donated) on the bottom for dirty water.
I have a donated rolling (cheap) cart with platic dollar store silver
ware trays for my assorted brushes.

My kids are so used to it they don't miss the sink. You cannot do
things like clay though because it is too hard to clean up. I keep
dollar store dish pans on the table with donated paper towels and hand
wipes. My K-6 students have to bring a pkg of wipes to school at the
beginning of the year for art class and the 7th and 8th have to bring
one roll of paper towel.

Eileen in Ohio