Re: [teacherartexchange] halloween projects

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 17:41:50 PDT

I do "Day of the Dead" since it falls right after Halloween. It gives the
kids a way to do holiday type stuff (mine try to pretend they're too "cool"
to celebrate, but they really enjoy the project). I started this because I
have several Hispanic students who knew next to nothing about their own
heritage. There are several ways you can have them create art projects
inspired by the holiday.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids