Re: [teacherartexchange] No sink in my classroom

---------

lpapanicolaou_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 22:31:19 PDT

I have a sink and never let them at the water with tempera anyway. Use a limited palette and teach color mixing by having them double load the brush and mix on the paper. Wipe the brush with a paper towel rather than rinse before changing colors. Doing it this way actually gives you more unity by making the colors relate to each other more than if they were to rinse after each color. You can bring the bucket out and wash the brushes when class is over.

No rinsing at the sink with watercolors either. We clean the kits at the end of the lesson by simply wiping them clean with a paper towel dipped in the paint water.

Linda