Re: [teacherartexchange] No sink in my classroom

---------

From: makul9 (makul9_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 16:42:59 PDT

I have taught in many classrooms without a sink - I often devise painting
experiences that do not require any brush washing until completion (by going
from light to dark or using a limited palette) but when we do need to wash
brushes during tempera painting, I have found that teaching the kids to
"dry" their brush in a crunched paper towel is key to eliminating the need
to change water repeatedly. It seems that this gives good results even when
the water is really dirty. I usually don't change the water at all during a
1 hour class....
Mary in MN