Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Teaching American History with Art - Scholastic Book

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 13:20:02 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Betsy Larson recommends this book.

> Teaching American History with Art Masterpieces-
> Schoolastic Gr. 4-8
> isbn 0-950-96402-X

8 Posters, Innovative Activities, and Background Information to
Explore Key Events in American History
American History is electrifying with these 8 art masterpieces, each
focusing on a remarkable event of the past: Revolutionary War, Trail
of Tears, Westward Expansions, Civil War, Immigration, and more. Each
big, full-color reproduction comes with a ready-to-teach unit that
includes a guided exploration of the artwork, historical background
information, a reproducible "U.S.A. Yesterday" Newspaper, and a host
of innovative activities. Plus four 2-sided posters.

Description from (currently out of stock):

I did find book available on Scholastic site:
Enter title in search.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources