[teacherartexchange] No sink in my classroom

---------

From: Steph Katele (jeffanie96_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2006 - 09:08:30 PDT

I'm a first year art teacher in an elementary school.
My classroom doesn't have a sink, but there is a boy's
bathroom right next door. I have 8 tables in my room
with 4-5 students at each, depending on the class. I
want to start painting with watercolors (my students
are nowhere near ready for tempera/acrylics
behavior-wise, although they're getting better). I am
thinking of using a small bucket for each table to
clean their brushes in, or a yogurt container for each
student. The only thing is that they will need to
change their water often when using tempera.
Has anyone taught in a room without a sink? How did
you handle clean-up? Thanks alot.
Steph