Re:[teacherartexchange] Ceramics

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 13:37:49 PST

The price of a kiln should not come out of your budget. The school should provide it for you as a necessary piece of equipment with which to run an art program!!

>>> smichet@gmail.com 10/30/05 9:46 AM >>>
A huge thank you to everyone who replied to my inquiry about ceramics!
All of the tips and links and information will be immensely helpful in
figuring out what to do. And a special thanks to Woody for his
wonderful website with all that great ceramics information - if you
haven't checked it out yet, I highly suggest you do - even if you're
not in a clueless situation like I am!

I'm really surprised at just how expensive kilns are! It's shocking,
really. I have no idea how I'll ever be able to replace these tiny
kilns with a decent sized one, when my budget for an entire year
wouldn't even cover the price.

How do all of you afford to puchase kilns? Do you write special grants?

Thanks again,
Sarah M.