Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] Ceramics

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 10:21:13 PST

When my kiln finally bit the dirt I wrote a proposal & turned it into the
superintendent (via my district's policy). I don't know how other districts
work, but around here when large items need replaced you requisition one
through the district, which does not affect my budget. My budget is used
primarily for consumables & supplemental for teaching units. You might check
with teachers who also teach with large expensive equipment (computer
teacher, industrial arts teacher, science, as well as your administrator) to
see how things like this are handled in your district. I had to justify my
need for a new kiln, which wasn't a big deal - my proposal was a paragraph
long and included a purchase order in the exact amount. Good luck!
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids