Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Luis Jimenez

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 08:59:39 PST

When I returned from Disneyland, I took a docent bus tour
to Hondo, New Mexico. We visited the studio of New Mexico
sculptor Luis Jimenez.

You most likely know his work "Border Crossing" and "Sod
Buster". He is presently working on a large Fiberglass
Horse for the Denver airport. His process was easy to
see from all of the elements laying around his studio.
And, what a beautiful environment to work in. Hondo is
between Lincoln and Roswell. We were greeted by Luis and
given a personal tour of the area.

I should stay home more but, the following day I took off
for Taos. Again, this year I attended the Southwest Art
History Conference at the Fechin Inn. In two days time,
I heard 14 presentations on various artists in this
region. I also shot some great pics of the marvelous
yellow foliage around Taos for future painting resources.
I'll post some of those later.

	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703