[teacherartexchange] Luis Jimenez

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 08:59:39 PST

When I returned from Disneyland, I took a docent bus tour
to Hondo, New Mexico. We visited the studio of New Mexico
sculptor Luis Jimenez.
http://www.taospaint.com/Luis/Jimenez.html

You most likely know his work "Border Crossing" and "Sod
Buster". He is presently working on a large Fiberglass
Horse for the Denver airport. His process was easy to
see from all of the elements laying around his studio.
And, what a beautiful environment to work in. Hondo is
between Lincoln and Roswell. We were greeted by Luis and
given a personal tour of the area.

I should stay home more but, the following day I took off
for Taos. Again, this year I attended the Southwest Art
History Conference at the Fechin Inn. In two days time,
I heard 14 presentations on various artists in this
region. I also shot some great pics of the marvelous
yellow foliage around Taos for future painting resources.
I'll post some of those later.
                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque