Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 28, 2005

---------

From: Marybeth Bortzfield (zbort_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 17:16:00 PDT

I also recommend Ceramic Supply in Lodi, New Jersey. My school purchased a
Skutt electronic kiln last year and Ceramic Supply was very helpful setting
it up and explaining how it works. I must mention that their clay is the
best around, it hardly needs wedging. I teach k-5 and all grade levels do a
ceramic lesson. We purchased an evironvent this year so I am anxious to see
how well it works.

2-point perspective - have you looked at the Sanford web-site yet? Between
the Sanford web-site, the one which was mentioned and a book I have on
perspective I generally teach 1-point to 4th grade and 2 point to 5th.
However, I'm finding the 2-point is confusing for them and when they go to
middle school none of which is touched on. (frustrating). This year I
taught a one point perspective with a very abstract focus and they really
had fun with the concept. Then I had a follow along sheet for two point for
those that finished early and that worked at well because generally the
students that finished early wanted another challenge.