RE: [teacherartexchange] Ceramics

---------

From: Judi Morgan (judi.morgan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 15:10:49 PDT

These kilns sound like enamel kilns. I have two in my room that I have
never used (but will hopefully this spring when a local artist who does
enameling might come). Someone suggested looking at pictures to
identify what you have--that's a good idea.

You might try to find a local ceramic supply store and go talk with
them. Not only can they help you learn the firing techniques, but if in
fact you do not even have a ceramic kiln, they might be willing to do
the firing for you at their place. We have a shop here that has saved
me many, many times and are more than willing to be team players with
school art teachers. If they are good, they will even come out to see
what you have there and offer suggestions...and send people out to do
demonstrations, etc. I couldn't do my ceramic program without the
locals.

Good luck!

Judi Morgan
Saint George's School