Re: [teacherartexchange] urgent photography question

---------

From: Ana Maria Schultze (anita_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 13:14:13 PDT

Hi,

I´m Ana Maria Schultze, from art teacher from Brazil, a little here, but just watching.

Well, I work with photography in the school (sorry for my bad english), and there are a
little problems:

you really can just right the names at the back, but for that you need to manipulate the
paper. Just take a little care with fingerprints, safelight, than every time you manipulate
the paper, you must take it off the envelope or box, and there´s a risk of light
exposition, unless you have REALLY a safe light laboratory.

Second, if you planned to use the paper as negative, everything you wrote in the back
will appears in the photo.

There´s not a way to put the paper in smaller boxes, or envelopes, the students can
carry home and back everytime?

On 26 Oct 2005 at 12:19, Sidnie Miller wrote:

> Cant they just write their name on the back side of the paper with a pencil right before they develop?

> I have a teacher in my department who is having problems with photos going
> missing, being stolen, or being "appropriated" by other students and turned
> in as their own. She has tried a few ways to mark the blank photo paper,
> but nothing effective. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how photo
> paper can be marked without effecting the developing process or contact
> printing?
> Thank you all so much for your help.
> Pam Wellington
> Boiling Springs H. S.