[teacherartexchange] Taking Photos of Artwork

---------

From: Michelle Kee (m1kee2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 21:38:00 PDT

Thank you all so very much for your wonderful experienced on list and off
list advice. I feel much better about taking photographs of artwork. Some
of you recommended the great outdoor light, in the sunshine or in the shade
(the cheapest and most efficient system), purchase a lighting kit from B&K,
ensure the artwork is perpendicular to the lens, black backdrop (velvet
absorbs light the best). I have taken my first few out in the bright
Arizona sun and just needed to tweak the contrast in photoshop. The colors
were truly brilliant, and this was with the school's Sony Mavica.
Thank you Woody for your response, and I trust you had a terrific time away,
and welcome back.

You are all my touchstones, and I look to you for daily guidance and
inspiration.
michelle