Re: [teacherartexchange] Taking photos of artwork

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 17:29:57 PDT

Michelle,
        I've been out of town so perhaps you have solved all
of your photo problems. Are you wishing to take only "digital"
photos ? to use on your web site ? If so, I find shooting pics
with the flash (that's 6000 K or daylight) on my digital
camera gives very good results.
I find no need for any lights or stands or extra equipment.
Just make sure the art is flat and perpendicular to the camera
lens so as not to appear skewed (out of shape). Also don't
shoot under glass. You can crop out any extraneous material
when you edit the image. Also change it to 72 dpi if your
camera shoots at a different setting. I hope the above makes
sense.
                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque