[teacherartexchange] Dream Worlds - Modern Japanese Prints and Painting - interactive

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 23 2005 - 09:37:39 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I know many of you teach about Japanese prints. Here is a "new-to-me"
interactive for modern Japanese prints and paintings:
http://www.asia.si.edu/exhibitions/online/dreamWorlds/default.htm

There is one section that shows the layer of screens for silk screen
printing (in "the quality of light"). It takes many screens to make
one print.
Click the color bands on the right to navigate. These are all
traditional themes in Japanese art (animals, theater, landscape,
"beauty")

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department