Re: [teacherartexchange] Was the Kindergarten teacher out of line?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 22 2005 - 14:13:29 PDT

I agree that it was improper what she did, but her intentions were
were good. I suggest you approach her carefully and try to be
diplomatic. Explain your concerns that the students "original"
creations be respected in the future. Ask her to keep the
cutouts and ready mades as attachments on papers done
in her class alone. You might explain that aesthetics and
originality are part of your standards and need to be respected.
Most classroom teachers like to decorate with stickers from
the teachers store and really don't see the harm involved.
           Good Luck, Woody (Tired at Disneyland)

--
Woody, Retried in Albuquerque
mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net