Re: [teacherartexchange] Was the Kindergarten teacher out of line?

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 22 2005 - 13:20:04 PDT

Yes I think she was out of line, but it may have been
unintentional. She may actually think she was "helping
out" because she had die cut stuff to add. She may
just not appreciate the importance, value, and beauty
of kid art, much less your autonomy as the art teacher
(you aren't her aide!).

I suspect elementary teachers of doing nearly
everything with die cuts. I once had a 6th grader come
to middle school (from another town) who had never
used scissors.

I'm looking forward to reading how you decide to
handle this.