Re: [teacherartexchange] Student with broken thumb/hand/wrist--questions

---------

From: bkramer(POP) (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 15:57:23 PDT

> One of my advanced art students was injured during a soccer game earlier
> this week and he's in a pretty restrictive cast for at least 6 weeks.
*************************

I know this might sound a little inane to you but I've had some success with
this. Since you said he's confined to a cast, it is moveable? An arm cast?
Can he move it up and down and sideways? I've had students in arm casts
paint some beautiful cubistic paintings. We attached a stick to the cast and
a paintbrush to the stick and away they went by standing and painting on
paper on the floor. Seriously...it works. You can also try painting with
toes and a brush though this is a little more spastic (grin) if you're not
used to it.

Occasionally I'll have kids try drawing with their opposite-sided hand.
That's a kick too. Bunki