Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] contour lines/Stacy

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 14:18:21 PDT

I've done contour line drawings with 6th graders and
they really liked this idea: take off your shoe and
draw a contour line drawing.. add all the lines and
details on the shoe, including the laces. Then, go
over with a black felt tip marker. Finally, add
little people to the shoe (like someone skateboarding
down the slope of a line, or mountain climbing, maybe
someone on a rollercoaster or a skiier) The kids have
fun coming up with all kind of cute things to put on
the shoe. Good luck! I've never had much success
with gesture drawing. We only did it as a quick warm
up activity. Marcia