Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] I'm getting by, but I still need suggestions!

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 19:01:38 PDT

Last year I had my 6th graders do gesture drawings of each other. I would
have volunteers pose and the rest of the class had 40 seconds to draw the
pose. The kids loved how easily they were able to show "action" in such a
short amount of time. We rotated models, and nobody modeled who didn't want
to. I started the lesson by showing them how to break down the body into
sections. I remember in college doing gesture drawings of inanimate objects
and I never understood the point, but once I saw it demoed on people in
motion it made a lot more sense.
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher

> Has anyone done a
> really fun lesson on gesture drawing? After gesture, I think I'm going to
> go
> into value and then color.

To unsubscribe go to