[teacherartexchange] Interactive site for elementary/videos

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 17:28:37 PDT

Here is a site that was sent to me by one of my senior pre-service students.
Most of the materials that I have glanced at seem to be geared for lower
elementary. I think some of the materials would be good for engaging pre-k
and kindergarten.

http://www.topmarks.co.uk/interactivesubjects.aspx

For those of you looking for videos about certain artists that are geared
for particular grade levels, you should submit your ideas to production
companies such as Crystal Productions. Companies don't know what teachers
need unless you make your voice heard.

I started making the "Dropping in on" series because I wanted something that
was meaningful for my youngest learners. At the time I was teaching K-6.
When the first video was brainstormed sitting over breakfast at the NYC NAEA
conference, I had no idea how difficult writing and animating for little
kids could be! "Dropping in on Rousseau," the first video, took 18 months to
create. Jim (the animator) and I are getting a little faster with the
production, but the process is still labor intensive. On top of this,
permissions to use masterworks are becoming increasingly costly. We
possible, we take our cues from what teachers tell Crystal Productions they
need for their classrooms. So far we have "Dropped in on" Rousseau, Matisse,
Picasso, and Grant Wood. Another video is currently in the works ---
scheduled to be on the market in late spring/early summer --- and it is an
artist that many teachers requested for the series.

Pam