Re: [teacherartexchange] monoprints

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 12:29:13 PDT

I have no idea if this would work, but perhaps you could add some glycerine to tempera. It should slow down the drying of tempera. I'm sure you could add some of the Createx basic liquid to tempera and it would be fine but it's expensive. You could use water soluable crayons and do a lot of drawing with them and then add the tempera right at the end and print right away on wet paper. Light weight paper just won't work.

>>> kotarsky@bellsouth.net 10/11/05 6:41 PM >>>
I am wanting to do additive monoprints with my 8th grade. I have some nice
pieces of plexi glass but I am not sure of the type of paint to use. I do
not have monoprint paint (Createx??)
I experimented with acrylic but results were poor plus my chinsy drawing
paper stuck to the plate. Wetting the paper didn't help either.
I used tempera before at the elementary level and it worked fine but the
paint dries fast.
Any suggestions from this wonderful, helpful bunch?
You all helped me before and thank you in advance for any help again
Christine