Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] monoprints

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 20:14:35 PDT

Christine, I highly recommend Akuacolor inks which are
available from several sources, but my favorite source
is McClains - they have the whole line of Akuacolor.
The prices have recently come down on these inks, and
they go a long ways. The inks are non-toxic (soy
based) cleanup with water, the colors are bright. I
prefer dry paper for these inks. The ink doesn't
"stand up" on the paper like some other water based
inks, the result is more like a Japanese woodcut. I
haven't tried the new relief additive, I haven't found
a need for it yet. I recommend getting 2 bottles of
the white, because I end up using a little to increase
opacity as I layer. I like them better than any other
waterbased inks for monoprint that I have tried.

Good luck, Betty in OK (MFA printmaking)

To unsubscribe go to