Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] synesthesia - alphabet book

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 06:12:15 PDT

Somehow I ended up with a subscription to a great science magazine - Seed.

There was a review for a book by Vladimir Nabokov - Alphabet in Color. I
know the subject has come up on the list before, so I thought some might be

about synesthesia (for kids):

The magazine also had a photo essay that would be great for middle school or
high school kids (not the science content - but the idea of illustrating
science concepts - could be math too ) for instance "Cohesive energy of an
ionic crystal - for bonding to occur, the attraction between two oppositely
charged ions must exceed their mutual repulsion" shows a couple at the
dining room table -she has the place setting, good posture and is dressed
nicely - he is unshaven, slouched over and eating his fast food -

To unsubscribe go to