Re:[teacherartexchange] altered books-attitude

---------

From: Brenda Robson (bruthrobson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 13:48:21 PDT

Thanks Ellen and San D.

I wasn't actually planning on doing the Altered books,
it wasn't in the curriculum. I suddenly got 2 classes
of 28 and thought it would cut down on the moving
around and certainly was planning on integrating it
into the Principals of Design we were talking about.
We have doone 2 paper lessons one on Emphasis and one
on color that can go on a page in their books perhaps.

I think I will keep it on the back burner since about
1/2 the kids are interested now that they've done 2
paper art lessons.
When I asked kids if they were interested about 1/8 of
the kids brought in stuff to dontate.

I may just go back to the curriculum I had planned and
those that get done early may make a book or do
latchhook.

I was really hoping to get a clearer lesson plan for
the Altered books.

Thanks so much,
Brenda
ps My attitude is much better, I was having a down
day.