Re: [teacherartexchange] model lessons

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 09 2005 - 11:24:03 PDT

JoAnHeiman@cs.com wrote:
> I finally have the opportunity to let you know about published lessons.
> The state of Ohio has posted units for the Visual Arts
> http://ims.ode.state.oh.us/ode/ims/Default.asp?bhcp=1

Thank you for letting us know about Ohio's effort to put model
lesson plans on the web. My own district did the same but
restricted access to our staff only, what a shame. I'm glad
your lessons are available to all.

A few questions:
Where are the lists of materials ?
Where are the steps involved in implementing the lessons ?
Where are the suggested art historical exemplars ?
Are there no images to illustrate the concepts involved ?

I fought with my district, as well, before they were willing
to include images with art lessons. Words are cumbersome when
trying to explain visual concepts.

I also think it is important to explain where the suggested
lesson fits into a sequence of learnings. Is this being
considered ? Are there more complete descriptions of the
lessons that I did not find ?
                                        Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque