[teacherartexchange] Michael Gerrish's Why Art Newsletter - art quotes and more

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 08 2005 - 08:28:47 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Each month, I get a newsletter from Michael Gerrish (list member).
The newsletter is also available on his site:
http://whyart.com/newsletter.htm

It is a good source of art quotes, inspiration and interesting web
surf (presenting a little known artist).

Here are some quotes from October Newsletter.

"I believe it is impossible to make sense of life in this world except
through art." ~ author Daniel Pinkwater

"The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery." ~ artist Francis Bacon

"Face new challenges, seize new opportunities, test your resources...
and in the process, discover your own unique potential." ~ John Amatt

The artist surf is a "new to me" artist, Jack Tworkov - Abstract
Expressionist born in Poland.

You can subscribe by clicking on the email link at the bottom of his newsletter.
Michael's web site:
http://whyart.com/

Regards,

Judy Decker