Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 06, 2005/Iep students

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 08 2005 - 07:02:05 PDT

I would probably push for project completion if I saw my elementary students
more, but when you see them once a week, and physically cannot offer them
outside studio time then you just accept some projects will not get
finished. I do offer one "catch-up" day at the end of the semester where
students finish any incomplete projects.
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher

> For kids finishing work, I do encourage kids to come in for extra time but
> also plan short, fun projects that the kids that finish can do. The late
> kids
> will not get to do that extra project. This way the faster kids will get
> extra benefit and the other kids have time to finsh up for the most part.
> I do
> believe that it is important for the kids to finsh their work before
> starting
> another project. Gail

To unsubscribe go to