Re: [teacherartexchange] Working on my plan

---------

From: pam smith (thinkart2003_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 19:30:06 PDT

I call "done" on a project when the majority of the
class is finished. I tell them that they have one week
to get it in to get full credit. Actually I give them
until the Friday after one week, so they usually get a
little more. If they have problems and talk to me they
can get more time. They can arrange to come in lunch,
recess, before or after school, but it is their
responsibility to complete the work. Work that is
turned in later than that gets a lower grade. I start
making calls home or sending notes(our kids have a
school planner we can send information home in)about
half way through their extra week. Pretty much gives
all kids the extra time they need. The IEPs don't say
you have to give them extra time in class. Just that
they can get full credit and turn it in later. Isn't
perfect, but it works most of the time.
Pam