Re:[teacherartexchange] [teacherartexchange]yacker tracker/loud voices

---------

From: pam smith (thinkart2003_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 19:21:13 PDT

I teach middle school 6-8. I purchased the "Yacker
Tracker" and it works most of the time. It is a stop
light that measures the decibals you set it to
measure. When under the level you set it blinks green,
if it starts to get too loud the yellow begins to
flash, the noise level keeps going up and the red
light and siren go off. I tell my kids "three strikes
you come in" for your recess. It works wonderfully on
my 6th graders, ok on 7th and 8th only when they have
class right before lunch or recess. But at least for
most of the day I can keep the noise level down. And
it is the talk of the school. They tell all their
other teachers about it.

Pam