RE: [teacherartexchange] Cartoons in painting

---------

From: Deb (surreal70_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 11:59:40 PDT

Paige, I have been teaching middle school art since 1975 and have seen an increase in imitation of cartoonmcharacters. I use the plagerism policy to explain why we can not copy the art of others. I have sldo posted sa list of "no's" with items like no lollipop trees and so on. I also have a list of "yes" where I put things like original ideas. A discussion of what an original idea is , would be helpful as well as the difference between copying and being inspired by. Hope this helps. Deb/ Kent, ohio