Re: [teacherartexchange] Cartoons in painting

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 05:47:42 PDT

Hi Carolyn and Paige,
    In addition to strategies for collecting ideas, I think you may need to
guide your students in the discovery of how artists in every culture/time
"transform" images that they use. For example.. what makes Roy
Lichtenstein's use of comics as a source for his art a "legitimate" art
idea? Or is it? I think you and your students would enjoy and learn from a
healthy debate on this issue.

                        Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                        Art teacher, K-5, retired