[teacherartexchange] portfolio

---------

From: Pam Wellington (loveart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 05:08:28 PDT

I disagree. I teach a Portfolio class at my high school and the students
always put their portfolio on CD. Compatability problems don't happen
nearly as often as they used to. As long as they use a popular program
there will be no problem. I also suggest that they digitally save all their
photos of their work into a file so that if there is a compatability
problem, they can always transfer the photos into another program. Slides
aren't necessary in my opinion, just go digital.
Pam Wellington
Art Department Chair

Boiling Springs H.S.
Boiling Springs, PA

I am not exactly sure if digital is the best idea. I
know that they could run into problems if the program
that they are doing it in is not compatible with the
ones at the colleges and schools. It could get lost
in process. I would still suggest making slides for
the portfolio.

Della Buzard
Rochester, NY