[teacherartexchange] Cartoons in painting

---------

From: Paige du Plessis (pduplessis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 22:44:43 PDT

Hi there fellow teachers. Help is greatly needed. I am a 8th grade art teacher here in Cape Town South Africa. I am having a problem with the learners handing in projects consisting of 'copied' cartoon characters, Sponge Bob, South Park etc. The one project I set was as ' Self-portrait in a personal landscape'. I got some really lovely projects and then I got these cartoon reproductions that the learners said they identified with. How do I word the project outline or rubric to not have this problem?
Please help
Paige, Wynberg Girls High,Cape Town, South Africa