Re:[teacherartexchange] NBCT question

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (elizhiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 04:14:57 PDT

For me, the content was pretty challenging. Most of my
education had been in the 70s with the hippies, pretty
loose. Before you decide about how hard to study
content, be sure you know every word of what is meant
in the description of content covered. Then write the
meanings of those questions from the most current
educational angles. If you can do that with
confidence, then you are ready. It would also mean you
were likely graduated in the last 10 years OR have
stayed much more current than the folks I teach with.
I only had about 3 weeks to study after I finished my
box. But the critical thing is to study the right
stuff.
So I hope this helps you decide how to schedule. Ours
was less flexible.
I will say that NBCT is a wonderful program, and
really taught me how to teach. So I hope you too have
a great experience with it.
Beth NBCT '03 EAYA Art