Re: [teacherartexchange] lost sketchbooks

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 16:17:33 PDT

Yeah, my hourly data allocation goes quickly during the school year - I
figure one of these days I'll spend some money and increase that, but it
won't be until I get my HS Senior son through this year. It's amazing how
expensive the senior year is, and it easily doubles when they're an athlete!
:-)

My favorite type sketchbooks are when you take 2 pieces of cardboard the
same size, plus a thin strip to put in the middle. Leave abit of space
between them and glue paper on (typical book cover technique). Where my
books really differ with the younger students is that we don't sew the pages
inside. Instead, you take a large rubber band and use that to hold the
pages. Sometimes we sew the pages in at the end of the year. What's nice
about using the rubber band is that you can take pages out or insert them
easily. Students are responsible for their rubber bands, and if theirs
breaks they return it to me for replacement. So far I've never had a problem
with the rubber bands - maybe cause the little darlins love me! *L*
~Michal