Re: [teacherartexchange] lost sketchbooks

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 12:37:03 PDT

Make them do it over--come in at lunch or after school or something and you help them. I'd also make them leave the book in
the classroom all year. If you give them homework for the book, have them take the measurements and do it on another paper that you can glue in. If you are using the book as a homework thing, you're going to have this lost stuff issue all the time. Tell them up front that they will have to replace it and any work that you haven't checked off. Some kids will just tell you it's lost because they don't have their work done, and some are just horribly unorganized and they don't keep track of anything regardless of penalty.

>>> bettycarol_40@sbcglobal.net 10/03/05 11:19 AM >>>
What do you do when kids lose their sketchbooks? We
make them in class, and it takes a long time. I dont
want to make twenty extra at the beginning of every
rotation. They are expected to bring them to class.

thanks Betty