[teacherartexchange] fostering good behavior

---------

From: Mary Hensler (mhensler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 11:06:54 PDT

Here's an old tried and true suggestion:

Back in my early years of teaching I found that by the end of the day
the behavior of my 9th grade Art 1 students had deteriorated
considerably. To help take care of the problem I simply reminded my
classes, that they were my best and favorite class. I would swear them
to secrecy not to brag that they were the best and "the class I enjoyed
the most." Try it you will be amazed at how the behavior will improve
and how much more your will enjoy your students. Besides it takes them
a while to figure out that you tell all your classes the same thing. Ha!
Mary