[teacherartexchange] Thank you

---------

From: Chin Yin Teo (chinyin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 00:25:25 PDT

My thanks to all of you who responded to my post regarding the art workshop
(Holly, Sidnie, Betty, Gail, Kim, Susan, Barb and go4art). Your comments
have been tremendously useful.

For those of you who are interested, #3 (Various hands-on activities that
train specific techniques e.g. tie-dye) wins.

Regards,
Ann

My original post:

Hi,

I'm working for a company that puts educational materials together for
teachers. We're thinking of organising a workshop for art teachers (who
teach pupils from age 6-12). I'd like to hear from art teachers themselves
which general topics they'd like to learn about most if they attend a
workshop.

So if you're going to attend a workshop on art, would it be about

1. Art Fundamentals (Elements of Art and Principles of Design)
2. Equipment and materials knowlege (Which material is good for which
activity, where to buy them and how to get cheap alternatives etc)
3. Various hands-on activities that train specific techniques e.g. tie-dye
4. Art history
5. None of the above?

Would appreciate your reply to this informal survey. Thanks! :)

Regards,
Ann