Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] tessellations/Escher

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 01 2005 - 18:12:32 PDT

My problem with elementary students doing this technique is getting them to
butt the paper up against each other. They tend to want to overlap the paper
and then the tesselations don't work. What do you all do about this? So far
I haven't gotten over 50% comprehension - I spend two days helping kids tape
properly, and fixing those who thought they knew how to do it.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids