Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] tessellations/Escher

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 01 2005 - 18:12:32 PDT

My problem with elementary students doing this technique is getting them to
butt the paper up against each other. They tend to want to overlap the paper
and then the tesselations don't work. What do you all do about this? So far
I haven't gotten over 50% comprehension - I spend two days helping kids tape
properly, and fixing those who thought they knew how to do it.
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher

> If you do it step by step with them - give them the
> index card and have them cut along the top edge after
> drawing whatever kind of line they want from corner to
> corner. Then have them slide that edge down and let
> them tape it right away. Then do the same with the
> left edge, having them draw the line first and then
> cut it from corner to corner and slide and tape

To unsubscribe go to