[teacherartexchange] what my kiddos have been doing

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 01 2005 - 09:00:02 PDT

Random report in from Mid Maine USA
grades 9-12 Sept
Pinwheelforpeace - very unifying..I learned allot about peace and how it
is political.
Unpacked the 1000 cranes( done after 9/11/01 and hung them back up.
Observation drawings ( Don't blame me blame Van Gogh, which I have every
year when I bring in sunflowers in buckets from home... This year the kids
liked the title..)
Art two , made 5 quick drawings, I gave them tracing paper, had them make a
tighter composition ala Ken Schwaub (eek misspelled) than photocopied 24 of
them hand color a accent..make an accordion book and exchange.They each
have a book of what the others like to draw...I learned a lot about
students who I had not taught before and everyone learned book making
skills.
Art ones are starting the Art Synetics zipper problem...
the Advanced Arts a doing the last witch images to finish off the frieze
started in the cafeteria in 1992.. Our logo is a witch. I have to take some
photos. I am ready to be done with it... It is fun having closure on a
public art project that spanned 12 years.