Re: [teacherartexchange] Stacie

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 01 2005 - 06:43:38 PDT

If you haven't read Harry Wong's The First Days of School, get a copy
and read the chapter on establishing routines and procedures this
weekend. Make sure you know just how you want the students to even
enter the classroom, put away their things, and get seated, along with
the usual getting supplies, cleaning up, and leaving the room. You're
fortunate to be able to start over next week. Spend time reviewing and
practicing the procedures for the first week--or even longer-- until it
becomes automatic.

Maggie