Re: Faith Ringgold Conversation

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 13:27:20 PST

I was lucky to hear Faith Ringgold talk last year at the Manchester
Craftman's Guild in Pittsburgh. She was very good. Her art is quite
political ( much more than I had realized)and has very strong statements
about black women in America. She brought to our attention things in her
pieces that I would not have realized meant certain things if she had not
pointed it out.
She is quite a woman and I feel very lucky to have heard her speak. She was
very gracious and would autograph anything that people brought with them.
They were not selling her books there.Luckily I had brought a copy of one of
her books that I got signed. We also had someone take a picture of her with
our group! Just a little touch with fame!
I also got to see Peter Max when he had a show here in Pittsburgh not long
ago. I love his work! That was an awesome too!
MJ