Re: Need Help with Fresco

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 11:12:25 PST

I didn't use garden variety plaster, but when I did this I started with
bisque fired tiles with fairly deep scratches all over tham to give them
some tooth to hold the plaster. You could try this.

>>> rsmith@columbus.rr.com 10/31/2004 6:50:59 AM >>>
As an undergraduate, I tried to create a plaster relief sculpture on
plywood. My professor told me to use dry wall nails to hold the
plaster onto the plywood. Perhaps I didn't use enough drywall (had
one
every few inches) or too much plaster (a lot!), but my plaster popped
off, too. With more nails and less plaster, this might work.

Rachel (fairly new to the list)

On Sunday, October 31, 2004, at 05:06 AM, Carolyn Roberts wrote:

> We did this by just applying a layer of plaster to the plywood and it

> did
> pop off.
> Carolyn
>

> ---

> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

Rachel Smith
rsmith@columbus.rr.com
(614) 746-7247

  "We are the music-makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams..."
-Arthur O'Shaughnessy

---