Giants lesson

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 05:54:31 PDT

Dear Linda & Judy,
Thanks so much for the great examples on the Incredible Art Department. One
site I came upon about "the Giant" is gardenofpraise.com/art23.htm And I
ordered the print from the Branywine Museum. It was $20. Their site is
shop@brandywine.org.
I have decided how I am going to approach the lesson. We will brainstorm all
kinds of places, for example, cities, castles, outer space. Then we will
brainstorm who the giant could be- child, monster,snimal... Then we will
begin the picture (after a discussion on perspective, foreground, etc.)
There imaginations will go wild. I will tell their classroom teachers what
we are doing and they can use these pictures for an start for a great story
if they want.
This is probably what you did but I had to get it straight in my mind if you
know what I mean. I am really excited about this less. I think it will be
fun! The possibilities are endless.
Thanks,
MJHadley