Re: FUN Kindergarten Lesson - WOW results - "Swimmy"

---------

From: dkj (jouets_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 18:29:18 PDT

Thanks, Judy ...
The first fish I cut out were fun foam. Solid - though they might have
worked if I'd cut out the middles. I didn't think of styrofoam for some
reason... I used tempera (smushed into headliner cloth as a stamp pad)
because I didn't think a regular stamp pad would work since we were printing
on still damp or wet backgrounds. I like the notion of students playing
around with styrofoam scraps to make their own fishies. Maybe we could do
the background and other printing on different days. On another note, the
doily sea plants were difficult for them to print, even with a newspaper
padding. I'll be adding a layer of fun foam between the doily and the
styrofoam before trying that again.
Thanks again,
Deborah