Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: FUN Kindergarten Lesson - WOW results - "Swimmy"

From: C Kerch (ckerch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 22:15:51 PDT

Thank you for posting Deborah's lesson. I love it. I was looking for a FUN
lesson to do with my first graders next semester when I see them. Their
teachers had already told me that next year they will be taking the first
graders whale watching in February. I was looking for lessons to tie into
this field trip and this is great. I'm also planning to have my first
graders help create a life size baby humpback whale with papier mache, I'll
create the armature with chicken wire and cover it with newpaper before I
have my little ones add their papier mache and paint... a great challenge
but something I know the kids will love to do and it will hang in the
library when their done. Thanks again for the lesson.

Honolulu, HI