Leonardo da Vinci error corrected - Stomata changed to Sfumato

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 15:17:28 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Good news Carolyn - Thanks to your student, the error
on this Leonardo da Vince page has been corrected:

This page has now the correct word Sfumato

http://campus.northpark.edu/history/WebChron/WestCiv/DaVinci.CP.html

The passage now reads:

"The techniques used in the Mona Lisa are known as
sfumato and chiaroscuro. Sfumato (deriving from the
Latin word for "smoke") , describes the smoky
atmospheric effects from the transitions between
colors. It is evident in the delicate gauzy robe and
in her enigmatic smile. The other technique,
chiaroscuro, refers to the modeling and defining of
forms through the contrast of light and shadow."

Now the problem is solved. If she got her information
from a different source, then she can write to them
and have them make the correction.

Well... Now this will be my last post for while.

Judy Decker