Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Peace through Art - International Child Art Foundation - Olympiad

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 09:05:25 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I like these two quotes I found on ICAF web site:

A lasting victory in the war against terror depends on
educating the world's children, because educated
children are much more likely to embrace the values
that defeat terror.
- First Lady Laura Bush (May 13, 2002)
If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we
are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have
to begin with the children.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Find out how you can help International Child Art

International Child Art Competition.

Third Art Olympiad (2004-2008):
Bridging the Worlds of Art & Sport for Peace &
Development - "My Favorite Sport"
ICAF will accept artworks on this theme in the spring
of 2005. Artists must be 8-12 years old at time of
creation of artwork. Entries must be mailed on or
before April 30.

Lesson Plan and Entry form:

Find out more about ICAF from the site:

Judy Decker